Charity Call Handling Bureau
Confero are experts in handling customer services and are perfectly placed to offer charities a complete outsourced supporter services department, allowing you to answer calls quickly and with a consistent message, at any time.
As the name suggests, this is a 'shared desk' resource meaning that our agents work across a number of Charity accounts and answer inbound calls as and when they are received. We can complement and enhance your existing supporter services team or tailor our individual services – from an overflow or after hours service, to DRTV response, event helplines or retail queries, dependent on your requirements.
As a DMA Council member and an active contributor to the Commission on the Donor Experience, we understand what level of compliance, transparency and training is required to enhance the reputation of the sector and to challenge and lead the way with best practice.
Each of our Bureau agents will be trained in handling Donor/Customer enquiries, by our training department and in conjunction with each individual charity. They will become fully conversant in understanding what core messages your charity wants to convey, as well as receiving the relevant training in all aspects of the fundraising code of practice and our own vulnerable persons policy.
Our pricing structure for the Bureau service is on a 'per second' basis so, apart from training and management costs, we only charge when we are speaking to someone on your charity’s behalf.
Where an organisation is able to forecast inbound call volumes, our Bureau service has the potential to handle 1000's of calls per day. We will advise which of our services, Bureau or ‘Dedicated’, is most suited to your requirements.
This service is suited to Charitable or Not-for-profit organisations that are looking for assistance or complete customer ownership 7 days a week, for the following services:
- Mass Participation Event Support – We are able to support key events on your fundraising calendar, either by having agents on hand to answer queries and/or send out information/fundraising packs to support your event, or by taking telephone donations.
- Fundraising Support Services - Handling incoming telephone enquiries via DRTV, Digital & traditional advertising with a requirement to set up Direct Debits, administer CC donations or send out forms.
- Etail – By expanding telephone operating hours to support your online retail presence, we facilitate an enhancement of your customer shopping experience through expert customer service and order line support.
- Membership Services – Our inbound service can handle all types of donor and member support calls, answering queries and assisting members with a range of services, received via both phone and email.
- Overflow and Out of Hours Support - Supplementing your own inbound call and contact centre facilities, Confero's overflow and out-of-hours inbound call centre services offer your charity unprecedented flexibility to remain available to donors 7 days a week.
'We provide a fast, efficient response to support, underpin and enhance the service, message and values of our charitable clients.'
‘Our number one priority is providing an elevated customer service experience to our supporters in the United Kingdom. Partnering with a company, who had that same goal, was our mission — and Confero was the obvious choice. Both the leadership team and associates are professional and knowledgeable about our brand, supporters, and needs of the organization.
Being a non-profit organization, we rely heavily on our donors funds to keep our mission alive. It was clear upon choosing to work with Confero, that they understood the importance of keeping our donors happy in order to achieve this.’Christine Barnes
Senior Director, Membership & Donor Services - Humane Society International
‘Confero played a key role in the successful running of the SoccerAid Telethon and have been a pleasure to work with. They had one of the best performing call centres on the night and…been especially diligent in ensuring that briefing packs, log in details, contracts and other instructions have been agreed between both parties well in advance to ensure that everything worked as planned on the night.
In short I recommend Confero as a call centre provider because of their professionalism and attitude.’
Telethon Manager - UNICEF UK
“Confero were able to provide us with a very efficient telephone service relating to an important public fundraising appeal we were undertaking, and I was impressed with their work around every aspect of the campaign they fulfilled for us. Their customer service, professionalism and attention to detail around the appeal was outstanding, especially within a very short time frame during which to get the telephone campaign in place, at a hugely busy time for us as a small charity with limited resource”.
Kristina Spindler, Head of Fundraising – The Felix Project