By very definition, you won’t know a crisis is looming until it actually happens but when it does, your business needs to be geared up and ready to act.
Confero’s crisis management team comprises trained, experienced agents who have the ability and flexibility to mobilise very quickly and start taking calls or emails from customers within hours of notification.
Crisis Management Case Studies
Our background encompasses a significant range of crisis management situations. These include administration and liquidation helplines for creditors and employees; corporate data breaches; product recalls caused by bacterial infections in a mouthwash manufacturing plant; glass shards discovered in bottles of beer; children endangered by access to drinkable chemical substances; cladding recalls for incorrect ratings of fire resistant building materials.
Confero fielded 65,000 calls in two days (and 110,000 in total) from customers of a major UK retailer for whom accounting giant KPMG were appointed as administrators. Please read the case study here.
Confero mobilised a team of 10 dedicated crisis management helpline agents, all trained on Winchester City Council’s online systems and fielded 7,500 calls in four weeks. Please read the case study here.
How We Work
By offering live call centre support from trained, experienced agents, the short-term aim is to placate your customers and clients, give them the information they need and resolve the issue at hand but the long-term aim is to retain customer and brand loyalty.
We will stay in regular content with you and Confero’s management team can work alongside or in an advisory capacity with your own PR & Communications team to both understand the media implications and to attempt to maintain a coherent response strategy.
Implementing a Crisis Management Helpdesk
As soon as you're aware you need to set up a helpdesk, Confero can commence the implementation of the response strategy. We will:
- Request an initial brief to understand the affected parties, the cause of the situation, any detrimental effects to your customers, instructions regarding how to help the respondent and a comprehensive FAQ to assist our agent teams to deal quickly with queries
- Set up a unique Set up a unique 0800/0333 number
- Set up a unique email response address
- Agree the number of agents
- Agree a start date and time
- Train the crisis management team
- Provide continual feedback and clear reporting lines back to the client
- Keep lines open until call numbers start to drop off, at which point we can re-route calls back to the client's office or call centre
Our consumer and business helplines can be set up to manage product support, information or technical updates, crisis situations, data breaches and product recalls.
If your business needs to recall a
product, outsourcing your call or email handling to Confero ensures your
customers receive a professional, empathetic response.